DESTINY FAQ PAGE
1. How can I find a book: Click on the Destiny link above, or, type in destiny.wcpss.net, and choose “Vernon Malone College & Career Academy” from the Early College List near the top left. Once you click on that, the VMCCA Destiny Catalog will appear. Click on “Catalog”, and begin your search!
2. How many books can I check out? You can check out no more than 5 books at one time.
3. How long can I keep a book? Books are checked out for 2 weeks.
4. How can I renew a book? Bring the book to the Media Center, and Ms. Ray (or an assistant) can renew your book. Also, you can email Ms. Ray and ask her to renew a book for you. Her email address is: email@example.com
5. What happens if I lose a book? If you have looked everywhere, and you can’t find the book, you will be charged the replacement cost for that book.
6. Do you charge overdue fines? Yes, an overdue fine of 10 cents per day, per book, is charged for overdue books.
7. How can I cite books found in Destiny? See the video tutorial link when you click on this question in the webpage. -OR- If you have created a resource list for your books (or webpages via WebPath Express)…see #8 above…you will then open your list. At the bottom, you will see “Citation List”. Click on the “Go” button to the right of that, and your citation list will appear for any books (or webpages) you have added to your resource list.
8. How do I create a resource list? When you are looking at books, or webpages in WebPath express, and you find a book (or webpage) that you like, on the right-hand side of the record, find and click “Add to the list”. Once you do that, it should change the status to read, “In This List”. Once you completed creating the list, on the left-hand side of the page, find “Resource List”. Click on it, and then click on “View”. Once you have done that, you will see 2 tabs. One tab is for “Library Materials”, and one tab is for “Web Sites”. Click on the list you are looking for to see your list.
9. How can I access WebPath Express? When you are in the catalog, look on the left hand side, and choose “WebPath Express” from the list there.